Farmers’ Market Recipes
We’d love to see how you’re using fresh produce from local farmers! We hope to gather a list of recipes from employees, faculty, staff, students, and members of the community.
Recipes and accompanied pictures (optional) will be posted on Goodwin’s Farmers’ Market webpage so others can get ideas on how to prepare, cook, and use the many produce options found at Goodwin’s Farmers’ Market.
Below are recipes that are currently posted on the site:
If you want a healthy alternative to potato chips try this delicious version!
- Olive oil
1) Wash Kale thoroughly & let dry
2) Cut into bite-size pieces removing the thick stems
3) Drizzle with olive oil & salt
4) Toss to make sure olive oil & salt are evenly distributed
5) Lay out evenly on baking sheet
6) Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until crisp
Sausage Kale Soup
Kale is a hearty vegetable that tastes great in soups while still maintaining its texture. Try this healthy and satisfying recipe.
- 1 pound of hot turkey sausage (or any Italian sausage)
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes (Yukon gold or red potatoes)
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 6-8 cups of chicken stock
1) Remove sausage from the casing & brown in a large stock pot
2) While sausage is browning, cut potatoes into 1 in cubes & chop kale coarsely
3) Add chicken stock, kale & potatoes to pot
4) Let simmer until the potatoes are fully cooked & soup is heated through
Visit the site here: http://www.goodwin.edu/FarmersMarket/recipes.asp